We are Jeremy and Kristin, an adventure loving couple and co-owners of Amble Guide. We found our love for hiking about 3 years ago after moving from Texas to South Carolina. Surprisingly, there isn’t much hiking to be found in Fort Worth, Texas (we actually tried to hike in Fort Worth but it was more like a nature walk in the blazing sun.)
One reason we are so passionate about this website is because when we were novice hikers we would go online and try to look up information for trails and backcountry camping and would end up spending hours and hours searching the internet trying to find a trail to hike. All of these hours of searching began to take the fun away from the experience of hopping in our car and exploring the wild. So… we decided we want to help other hikers PLAN LESS and HIKE MORE!
Here are some more random facts about us:
- We have been married for over 4 years!
- This isn’t our full time gig. Jeremy does HVAC engineering and Kristin works as the Family Ministry Coordinator at our local church.
- We had a torrential downpour on our very first backpacking trip.
- We have a 4.5lb pound shorkie, Meg(atron). She isn’t really into hiking as much as we are, but she loves riding in our backpack and camping in our tent.
- If we aren’t hiking, you can typically find us exploring the best local restaurants in Greenville, South Carolina. (We hike so we can eat!)